Langsung ke konten utama

3rd week

3rd week is the hardest week because this week was the week for me to teach in the classroom. I had to prepare my lesson plan, because as a teacher we have to make a lesson plan as our plan on teaching. On the first time I make my lesson plan, I had a little problem because the differences of the lesson plan with Indonesian lesson plan. I always woke up at 5am because i have to make sure all of the things from head to toe. 
On the first day I was a little bit nervous because it was my very first time teaching as a teacher. But I think it such a normal thing. I came at the class 15 minutes before the class started because I have to prepare everything in the class. But the LCD TV didn’t work. So I have to bring my laptop around just to make sure they can see my power point. The students were kind to me. They were not too noisy as usual. They followed all of the things that instructed by me. After the class finished, my mentor evaluated me. He said I’m good at overall aspect but not with my lesson plan. So for the next day I have to be prepared. I make the second lesson plan for the second day. I make  it from 9pm to 3am just want to make sure my lesson plan is correct.

On the second day I wasn’t as nervous as the first day. As usual I woke up at 5 for preparing anything that I need. I arrived at class 7:15am. I brought my friend’s laptop because something bad happened to my laptop. So on the second day everything was on the track. But my mentor said that I had a problem on the time management, because I dismissed the class 5 minutes before that it should. So for the next day i have to prepare another strategy for the time management.
I’m a little bit frustrated for the third day because I didn’t understand the subject that I have to teach. So I started preparing my lesson plan earlier. The subject a little bit confusing me because I couldn’t find the example for the subject anywhere. I had searched it on every source in the google but I still couldn’t find it. But finally I found the answer for it, and then my lesson plan finished. After I finished make my lesson plan, I started to make my power point for my subject that I want to teach for the third day. As usual I woke up at 5am to make sure that I’m ready or not for the class. At 7:15 I’m arrived at the school and at 7:30 I started the class. Everything was on the track. I can see they were understood with the topic. But as an evaluation, my mentor said I have to make another motivation before I started the class, so they can be more motivated with the topic.
        Before the final day of teaching, I prepared all of the best strategy for them. I used the group discussion, so they can be more active in the class not just the teacher as the one and only source of the topic. So on the final day I made them into 5 groups, I let them discuss what kind of strategy they have to use for selling the same product. After they were discussed it, they have to presentation it in front of the class and then the other group have to give some question for the group that presenting the result of their discussion. I’m a little bit shocked because they were so active giving the other group question. And as a teacher I was so happy because my plan was working well. I’ve learned a lot of thing as a teacher. My mentor always gave me evaluation after the class ended.  

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

2nd week

On Monday at 7:15 we attended the flag ceremony. After the flag ceremony was finished, I went to the 10 Agriculture class and I met Sydney and the other students there. This morning they had a “Jingle Presentation”. In this kind of presentation they have to present their lesson using jingle. In Indonesia, we have this kind of teaching method also, but we don’t use this method because the “Jingle Presentation” isn’t effective for Indonesian students. 10 Agriculture had five groups, each group has seven or eight students. They used a different jingle but with the same subject. This class was so noisy and talkative.             The second class that i attended this morning was a different kind with the first classroom. They were so creative when presenting their jingle, more creative than the first classroom. This class was so competitive between one to another students. They weren’t noisy, but I prefer the first classroom (10 Agriculture) because I like those kinds of students

History of TAU

The Tarlac College of Agriculture was established in 1944 as Camiling Boys/Girls High School. It started with 368 students, 13 faculty members and a school principal. But it stopped operation in December 1944 and resumed after the Liberation as Tarlac High School, Camiling Branch. The reopening of the school was a response to the clamor of parents whose children stopped schooling during the war years and the difficulty of traveling from Camiling to Tarlac. On July 6, 1945 Municipal Resolution No. 34 created the Camiling Vocational Agriculture School (CVAS) replacing Tarlac High School, Camiling Branch. That it focused on vocational agriculture was considered a means to hasten the economic recovery of the town from the ravages of the war. CVAS had 534 students and 13 faculty. From 1945 to 1948, the school offered two curricula – the general academic to enable the former students to graduate and the agriculture curriculum for the first year and second year. On September 26, 1946, the

1st week

Hello my name is Gerald Sadewo from Jambi University, Indonesia !! The first thing i did on the first day was changing my money at the airport. And after that i picked up by the host university. In the mid of our way to the hostel, we were stopped at the KFC. I thought filippinos KFC has the same taste with Indonesian and I’m wrong about that hahaha..In Philippines, the KFC served free mineral water for us and they re eat the KFC's using spoon. There are no chilli and tomatoes available hahaha. But they have the same price with Indonesian's KFC. After having a dinner we continuing our ride to the hostel. It was about five hours from the airport (Ninoy) to the hostel. At 12 pm we finally arrived safely... On the next day At 07am, we did the flag ceremonial at Tarlac Agricultural University with the President and with the employees of the university. After the flag ceremony, we introduced our self in front of the President and the employees of the university. Tarlac Agri